A registered design is a form of protection, that can be used to protect the look, shape, pattern or colour of a product. A registered EU design is in force for 5 years and it can be renewed 4 times for a total of 25 years.
We advise on all matters related to designs according to the particular needs a of a client. Below are some of the more common design services we offer. If you do not find a service, that meets your specific requirements, please contact us and we will come up with a suitable solution for you/ your company.
- Conducting and analysing availability searches world-wide
- Analysis of registrability, and, if required, assessment of alternative forms of protection.
- Word-wide design registration services
Design watching service
Global watching service covering 3rd party design applications that give the same overall impression.
- Tailored advice on all design-related matters. We advise on how designs work best as a part of an overall IP strategy.
- World-wide analysis and assessment of competitor’s design rights
- Advice in situations when a registered design is not a viable protection option
- Advisory services in all matters related to designs, including registrability and infringement matters.
- Invalidation actions world-wide
- World-wide design registration services
- Assignments and changes of name
- Drafting and recordal of assignments and licenses
- Design portfolio management